How to pick the perfect wedding bands:
We all know how easy it is to agonize over every detail of your wedding (like which gorgeous dishes to register for). But, in the end, it all boils down to just one day! Try to focus your energy on the decisions that will stick with you after the ‘I do’s. Take wedding bands, for example. This is the jewelry you wear every day for the rest of your lives. There is your engagement ring to consider and the 4 C’s to study, plus a budget to stick to. Make sure you and your rings live happily ever after by reading on and following our advice!
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Take your time – Do not wait until the last minute! Start your search at least 4 months before the wedding to allow for shopping, saving, and sizing.
- Materials – If you have a very physical job or are a cross-fit fanatic, consider a hard metal like platinum rather than soft gold. If possible, choose conflict-free stones over conventional diamonds.
- To match or not? – Think about your engagement ring. Decide if you want your band flush with it and if you want the finishes to match. Talk to your fiance about coordinating your bands for extra romance!
- Think about the future – Styles get discontinued. Buy up the pair now rather than waiting for an anniversary. And remember, diamond eternity bands are not re-sizable. Go up 1/4-1/2 size to allow for weight fluctuation.
- Old vs New – If you have an antique or heirloom engagement ring, going vintage may be the right option. On the other hand, an ultra-modern setting might require a custom companion piece.
- The Budget – Discuss your ring budget before trying anything on. If you do end up falling in love with something out of your price range, adjust other pieces of your wedding spending to accommodate.
- Sleep on it – This is not a decision you should rush into, even if the salesperson is really gunning for that commission. Take videos of front runners and watch them the next day. You’ll know if it is the one!