Ah, wedding flowers. No matter what season you plan on tying the knot, fresh blooms give your big day that extra-special touch! With all of the inspiration out there, things can be a bit overwhelming for modern brides. We’ve lined up the top tips for making sure everything from bouquets to centerpieces fits your vision perfectly. Read on for our full list of floral basics and get inspired!
- Can is show you my Pinterest board? – Pictures are worth a thousand words. That being said, that bouquet with 300 likes may be unrealistic for your season/budget. Use Pinterest as a way to gather ideas and solidify your floral vision without getting too specific.
- What flowers will be in season? – Not only will this help keep your costs down, it will ensure your blooms look their very best. If your wedding is in the fall and you are dying to have a bouquet of spring stems, be prepared to shell out to have them shipped.
- How can I keep my budget realistic? – Brides often make the mistake of setting their sights on specific flowers without knowing their costs. Flowers typically make up about 10% of your overall budget, so plan accordingly!
- What are our lighting options? – Once the lights go down, it is important to make sure your flower arrangements don’t get lost in the darkness. Tealights or pin spots are helpful depending on your venue style.
- Does the size make sense? – Consider the height and weight of all your floral arrangements. You want your guests to be able to enjoy each other’s company without being blocked by a gigantic centerpiece.
- What can we reuse throughout the day? – Your ceremony will probably last less than an hour. Find ways to reuse altar and aisle decor later on in your celebration!
- Do any of these flowers have strong scents? – Lillies and freesia are gorgeous, but their fragrance will overpower all of the yummy food at your reception. it is a good idea to stick to milder blooms instead.
- What would you suggest? – It is always a good idea to have a solid plan. That being said, it is even more important to have a backup ready! Tell your florist you absolute must haves and then let her do the rest.